What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address, and shipping address
- any account-preference information you provide us
- your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
- session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Carter's Cabinet Shop, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Web site(s); research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
In order for this site to work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file saved on your computer or mobile device by a website when you visit http://carterscabinetshop.com. The cookie enables the website to remember your actions and preferences such as login, language, font size and other display preferences to keep you from having to re-enter them on every visit to the website or when browsing from page to page.
Your display preferences, such as contrast and color settings or font size
Whether or not you have already replied to a survey popup that asks you if the content was helpful or not so that you won’t be asked over and over again
In addition some embedded videos in our pages use a cookie to anonymously gather statistics on how you got there and what videos you viewed. Although enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work, it will provide you with a better browsing experience. Cookies can be deleted or blocked, but some features of this site may not work as intended should you do so. The cookie-related information is not used to identify you personally and the pattern data is fully under our control. The cookies on this website are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
How to control cookies
You can block and/or delete cookies as you wish using your browser settings.You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set your browser to prevent them from being placed. By doing this you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit http://carterscabinetshop.com and some services and functionalities may not work.
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the Carter's Cabinet Shop website when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
Notice to European Union users
Carter's Cabinet Shop operations are located primarily in the United States. If you provide information to us, the information will be transferred out of the European Union (EU) to the United States. By providing personal information to us, you are consenting to its storage and use as described herein.
Information collected from children
You must be at least 13 years old to use Carter's Cabinet Shop‘s website(s) and service(s). Carter's Cabinet Shop does not knowingly collect information from children under 13. (See the [U.S.] Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.)
Questions or comments?
Thank you for visiting and choosing Carter's Cabinet Shop!